Banana bread is a comfort i love i to indulge in. This recipe is super easy and yields two very moist banana breads. You can half the ingridients if you'd just like to make one. Most recipes that include yoghurt in banana bread recommend you use low fat greek yoghurt which i find makes the bread more bread than cake. I find using strawberry yoghurt instead makes it more cake like.
What You'll Need - Makes 2 Loaves
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 4 Ripe Large Bananas
- 1 Cup Strawberry Yoghurt
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda (Bicarbonate Soda)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 or 2 Bread Tins
Prep - 5 Minutes
- Preheat Oven to 200 degrees bake
- Peel and mash bananas - i like to have chunks of banana in the bread so there's no need to make sure this is smooth.
Let's Get Cooking - 60 Minutes
- In a large bowl add the sugar and cooking oil and combine. Add the eggs one at a time and combine.
- Add the mashed bananas and yoghurt and mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl mix the flour with the cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda /bicarbonate soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingriedients and combine.
- Grease a bread tin with oil and place half the batter and bake for about 45 minutes (Until golden brown. When you pierce the bread with a knife it should come out somewhat clean)
- You can bake in two bread tins or bake one at a time. Cover the remainder of the batter until ready to be used if you're baking one at a time.