I posted an Oat and Coconut bar recipe before, this is just a build up on that recipe. I always have a jar of these in the house. They are great snack.
What You'll Need - Makes 12 Bars
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Oats (Not instant oats)
- 120g Roasted Seeds (I use the Sunflower, Soya and Pumpkin Seed combination from Pick n Pay)
- 1 Cup Dessicated coconut
- 1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 125g Butter/ Margarine
- Medium size roasting tray
Prep - 10 Minutes
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (bake)
- Melt your butter or margarine in the microwave
Let's Get Cooking - 25 Minutes
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl (Flour, Sugar, Oats, Seeds, Coconut, Bicarbonate Soda)
- Add in the melted butter/margarine and honey
- mix all the ingredients until they are combined.
- Place in the roasting/baking tray and press down with the back of a spoon or a spatula until evenly spread out in the tray.
- Bake for 10 Minutes with the bottom and top oven bars on. After the 10 minutes, switch the bottom bar off and bake with the top bar only for another 10 minutes
- Allow to cool in the tray for 20 minutes once cooked
- Slice into 12 bars. Store in an airtight ccntainer.