I was recently sent a lot of peanut butter by a brand to try out their new flavours. After trying most of them and giving away a lot of them, I still had so much peanut butter and was tired of smearing it on my toast. I tried this recipe and if you love peanut butter, this is definitely a winner.
What You'll Need - Makes 18-20 Cookies
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 100g butter/Margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peanut butter (I love using crunchy peanut butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Icing sugar
Prep - 15 Minutes
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees and grease a baking tray.
- In a large bowl, add sugar and butter and beat with a whisk until creamy.
- Add the egg into the mixture and combine
- Add salt and bicarbonate soda and combine.
- Mix in peanut butter until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in flour until well combined.
- Roll dough into balls using a heaped tablespoon of the mixture
- Roll the balls in icing sugar (Optional).
- Place on baking sheet and flatten with fork.
Let's Get Cooking - 15 Minutes
- Bake for 12-15 until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an air tight container