I am such a big fan of scones and love to experiment with ways to change them up.
What You'll Need - Makes 8 Large Scones
- 2 Cups Flour
- 125g Butter
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Lemon
- 1 Orange
- 1 Tsp Ground Cardamon
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees,
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon into the milk and allow to sit
- Dice the butter into cubes
- Add the butter to a flour in a large bowl. Combine the butter with the flour using your hands until it forms a crumble.
- Add the salt, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamon and combine.
- Zest the orange and add the orange zest to the flour mixture.
- Break the egg into the milk and squeeze the juice of the orange into the milk and combine.
- Add the milk mixture into the flour and combine
- Decant the mixture onto a clean surface and pat together into a ball shape (Don't overwork the dough)
- Roll the ball flat into a about 4cms of thickness. Cut across horizontally and vertically until you get 8 equal scones. You can make them smaller should you wish to.
- Lightly butter a baking tray and place the scones onto the tray.
Let's Get Cooking - 20 Minutes
- Bake the scones for 15 - 20 Mins until golden brown