Growing up, we ate this almost every morning instead of cereal. It is rich, delicious and also loved by kids. You'll need a medium grain rice that releases starch when cooking. This gives it that creamy consistency. Something like sticky rice or Arborio rice.
What You'll Need - Serves 4
- 1 Cup Rice
- 4 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Milk
- 4 Tbs Sugar (Feel free to add more if you like it sweeter)
- Fruit for serving
Let's Get Cooking - 40 Minutes
- Place water in a large pot and add the rice and bring it to the boil
- Let the rice simmer at medium heat until cooked and soft - falling apart. The water should almost be done at this point. If the rice isn't falling apart, add more water and allow to simmer some more.
- Add the milk and sugar
- Simmer the pudding until the milk has reduced to half the amount and the pudding has a thick consistency.
- Serve with some cinnamon and fruit.