We always forget potatoes when it comes to breakfast or brunch.
What You'll Need - Serves 2-4
- 6 Large Potatoes
- 1/4 Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Cup Mushrooms
- 1/4 Red, Green & Yellow Pepper
- 1 Tsp Dry Oregano
- Paprika for serving
- 1 Tbs Butter
- Cooking Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 15 Minutes
- Peel the potatoes and grate them with a grater.
- Add salt and pepper to the potatoes and allow them to sit for 5 Minutes.
- Finely chop your peppers and onions
- Slice your mushrooms
- Squeeze any excess water from the potatoes one handful at a time.
Let's Get Cooking - 10 Minutes
- In a pan heat some oil and fry the onion, pepper and mushrooms until cooked and put aside.
- Clean the same pan and melt the butter and some cooking oil in it.
- Place half the potatoes in the pan in an even layer and cook until the bottom layer is browned and crispy.
- Place the filling on top of the potatoes (Feel free to add cheese here too if you like)
- Place the remainder of the potatoes on top of the filing in an even layer.
- Find a plate that can fully cover the rosti and cover it.
- Tip the frying pan upside down while holding the plate firmly
- Remove the pan and place back onto the stove and melt another tablespoon of butter and oil
- Carefully slide the rosti back into the pan and cook until the bottom is cooked and crispy - about 2 minutes.
- Serve with a fried soft done egg
- Sprinkle some smoked paprika if desired.