Open Omelettes are similar to frittatas but are quicker to make in my opinion. This makes a great center piece for any breakfast or brunch. Add Ham, bacon, salmon or simply keep it vegetarian.
What You'll Need - Serves 4
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Red, Yellow & Green Pepper
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 5 Minutes
- Chop your onion and peppers
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk. Season with salt and pepper
- Grate your cheese
Let's Get Cooking - 10 Minutes
- Heat cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute the onion, peppers, cherry tomatoes and spinach. Cook until spinach has wilted.
- Put aside in a bowl
- Clean the pan and heat more cooking oil - please make sure the pan is non stick, if not spray cooking spray to make sure it doesn't stick
- Pour into the pan the beaten eggs, reduce the heat to low. Allow to cook until the eggs are half done
- Place the cooked vegetable on top of the eggs
- Sprinkle the cheese on top evenly and cover with a lid until the cheese has melted
- Transfer onto your serving dish carefully