A North African dish of eggs cooked in a spicy tomato sauce. Over the years people have come up with different versions of it and is popular referred to as baked eggs. This is my recipe for this great brunch idea.
What You'll Need - Serves 2
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Can Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tsp Paprika (Smoked preferably)
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Fresh Chili
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Pan With Lid
Prep - 5 Minutes
- Finely chop onion and garlic
- Finely slice your chili. Remove the seeds if you don't want it too hot.
- Slice your bell pepper
Let's Get Cooking - 12 Minutes
- In a pan heat oil and fry your onion, chili and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add bell peppers and cook until soft
- Add can of tomatoes and season with cumin, paprika, salt and pepper
- Add a splash of water and cover the pan so the tomatoes cook down.
- Add the feta, leaving some for garnishing and combine
- Make little wells (holes) in the tomato mixture and crack eggs into the holes. Season them with salt and pepper
- Add a splash of water just so the pan steams and close the pan with the lid.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes. Just until the egg whites are cooked.
- Sprinkle more feta and fresh coriander to serve.