I love fried eggs, runny fried eggs especially. Every now and then i like to take time off them and do scrambled eggs instead. If you love smoked salmon but find the price steep at times, look for smoked salmon off cuts. They can be found at super markets but more so your local fishery. They aren't as pretty as salmon ribbons but work well in things like this egg scramble or pasta dishes.
What You'll Need - Serves 2
- 5 Eggs
- 50g Smoked Salmon
- 10-15 Stems of Chives
- 2 Tbs Butter
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 5 Minutes
- Thinly chop the chives. A kitchen scissors works best for this.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk
- Add 2/3 of the chives into the eggs and combine
- Season with salt
- Tear up the salmon into bite size pieces
Let's Get Cooking - 5 Minutes
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a non stick pan
- Add the egg mixture into the pan and allow it to start to cook
- When the egg starts to stick to the bottom of the pan, break it up with a spatula of flat wooden spoon.
- Add the smoked salmon and combine.
- Continue to mix the eggs until they come together. Make sure not to dry the eggs. They are done when they are still moist.
- Season with pepper. Add the remainder of the chives and serve.