Crepes are a lighter breakfast option that pancakes. They might seem intimidating but are relatively easy to make.
What You'll Need - Makes 8-10 Crepes
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 50g Sugar
- 1Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Tbs Butter
- Cream For Serving
Prep - 15 Minutes
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk and water. Sift the flour and salt into the wet mixture and combine with a whisk.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter, allow to chill and add it to the batter.
- Pour the batter through a sieve to remove any lumps. Place in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon and place aside.
Let's Get Cooking - 5 Minutes
- Heat 1/2 a teaspoon of butter in a non stick medium sized pan (if you don't have a crepe pan)
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Pour in a ladle of the batter (about a quarter cup) it should be enough to just coat the pan.
- Allow the crepe to cook on one side completely (takes about 2 minutes) then carefully lift the crepe and flip it. Cook the other side until golden.
- Once cooked, squeeze some lemon juice over the crepe and sprinkle some cinnamon sugar. Roll it up.
- Repeat this for the remainder of the batter
- Serve with some fresh whipped cream and fruit