Chicken livers are something most of us eat on a daily basis but i hear one too many people complain about overcooking them or having a grey colour on them. This recipe helps you with those issues.
What You'll Need - Serves 2
- 250G Chicken Livers
- 2 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 2 Tbs Cooking Oil
- Bunch Fresh Coriander
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 5 Minutes
- Make sure your livers are defrosted - cooking with livers that aren't fully defrosted releases water into the pan and makes them boil.
- Thinly slice your onion.
- Mince your garlic cloves.
- Finely chop Coriander
Let's Get Cooking - 10 Minutes
- In a large pan, heat the butter and cooking oil - Make sure its very hot.
- Add the livers and fry them at high heat until they are browned.
- Turn down the heat to low and add the garlic cloves and onions
- Season with paprika, salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Pour in the water and add the tomato paste
- Mix until it forms into a smooth sauce.
- Add the juice of the lemon and fresh coriander and combine
- Serve with garlic bread or any bread of your choice