Casseroles have been known to be bland but i can guarantee you there's nothing bland about this casserole.
What You'll Need - Serves 2-4
- 4 Pieces of Chicken (Your Choice, if using drumsticks, you can use 6-8)
- 1 Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tsb Paprika
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tsp Dry Oregano
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Onion
- Salt and Pepper
Prep - 5 Minutes
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper
- Chop your onion and green pepper into halves then quarters.
- Crush your garlic with the back of a knife just to release the flavour.
- preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (bake)
Let's Get Cooking - 40 Minutes
- In a pan, heat cooking oil. Make sure the pan and the oil are very hot before the next step
- Place the chicken pieces in the pan to seal the meat - put in 2 -4 pieces at a time depending on the size
- Fry each side of the meat for about 1 minutes until golden brown - then place into your oven proof casserole dish.
- Once all the meat is cooked, place the chopped onions and green peppers in the oven dish together with the chicken.
- Using the same pan, place the can of tomatoes into the pan
- Add the garlic cloves, paprika, cayenne pepper, Oregano and tomato paste and combine
- Allow the tomatoes to cook down, then add the cherry tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the cooked tomato sauce over the chicken
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes