I think everyone loves wings. Here's one of my all time favourite ways to make wings. It's messy and sticky and so delicious.
What You'll Need
- 10 Wings
- 2 Tsps Smoked Paprika
- 2 TspsDried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Dry Chili Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Tbs Brown Sugar
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Thumb Sized Ginger
- 1 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 20 Minutes
- Cut each wing at the joint into two.
- Season wings with salt, pepper, paprika, oregano and the chili flakes. Leave to rest for at least 30 Minutes (The longer they marinade the better)
- Mince your garlic cloves
- Peel and grate ginger
- Mix your flour with the baking powder in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper
Let's Get Cooking - 20 Minutes
- In a small saucepan, put the soy sauce, tomato sauce, smoked paprika, garlic, ginger, sugar, water and the juice of the lemon.
- Allow to simmer at a low heat (2 on 6 mark stove) for 15 minutes.
- In another large pan, heat half a cup of cooking oil.
- While the oil is heating up, toss the wings in the flour. Dust off any excess flour.
- Fry the wings until crispy and cooked (About 5 -7 minutes)
- Place cooked wings in a bowl, pour the cooked sauce on and combine.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes, combine again and leave for another 5 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy :)