Chicken Breasts have such a bad reputation because they often tasteless and dry. Here's a great way to ensure you cook moist chicken breasts full of flavour.
What You'll Need
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cups Spinach/ Swiss Chard
- 1/2 Cup White Cheddar/Parmesan/Mozzarella
- 3 Heaped Tbs Plain Cream Cheese
- 12 Tsps Dry Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 1 Tbs Cooking Oil
Prep - 10 Minutes
- Preheat Oven at 180 degrees Celsius - Bake
- Make a pocket in the chicken breast by slicing into the breast lengthways making sure not so cut through to the other end.
- Season your breasts with salt, pepper and dry oregano
Let's Get Cooking - 20 Minutes
- In a small sauce pan, wilt the spinach by quickly steaming it. Add salt and pepper to season.
- Mix the spinach with the cream cheese and white cheese of your choice until combined.
- Take about a tablespoon of the spinach mixture and stuff into the chicken breast pockets. do not worry about it spilling out slightly, just handle with care.
- In a non stick pan, heat cooking oil.
- Place the stuffed breast carefully in the pan and sear each side for about 1-2 minutes. Turning it carefully to ensure the stuffing remains in place.
- Once seared transfer into an oven proof dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes depending on the size of your breasts.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy