This is a go to recipe for those weeknights when you want to leave something on the stove while you get other things done.
What You'll Need - Serves 3
- 6 Pieces Chicken (Preferably thighs & drumsticks)
- 1 lemon
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Cup White Wine (Any Dry White wine)
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 100ml Cream
- 6-8 Springs Fresh Thyme
- 1 Cup Mushrooms
- Salt and Pepper
Prep - 5 Minutes
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Slice mushrooms and the lemon
- Roughly crush the garlic (Take the back of the knife and press onto the garlic clove to crush it)
Let's Get Cooking - 30 Minutes
- Heat oil in a large pan with a lid
- Add the mushrooms and cook until browned and put aside.
- Place the seasoned chicken into the pan to seal the meat (fry and brown the chicken at a high heat) - turn the chicken until its browned on all sides.
- Once browned, place lemon slices under the chicken pieces.
- Add the white wine and let it rapidly boil for 2 minutes t burn off alcohol.
- Add chicken stock, garlic cloves, cooked mushrooms and thyme sprigs.
- Allow to simmer slowly for 10-12 minutes
- Add the cream and let it simmer for another 5 minutes
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.