What You'll Need - Serves 2
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 10g Fresh Coriander
- 1 Tsp Dried Chili Flakes
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 Skewers
Prep - 20 Minutes
- To Make the marinade - Crush/grate garlic cloves into a bowl. Finely chop the coriander and place with the garlic. Add the chili flakes,paprika, juice of the lemon and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- If your breast has skin on and on the bone - remove any skin and cut the chicken breast away from the bone carefully so its still intact
- Place the breast flat on a cutting board and slice thin slithers lengthways
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper then place them into the marinade
- Allow to marinade for at least 20 minutes. The longer it marinades, the better the flavor.
- Load the pieces of chicken onto skewers by piercing the bottom of a piece then the middle and finally the top.
- Reserve the remaining marinade for basting
Let's Get Cooking - 15 Minutes
- Place a griddle pan on the stove (A normal large pan will do if you don't have a griddle pan)
- Heat the pan at medium heat then add the skewers onto the pan.
- Turn the skewers once the one side has browned (about 5 minutes). Baste the browned side with the leftover marinade
- Repeat with the second side.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving
- Serve with some pita bread