Sundried tomatoes add a sweetness and tang to usual pasta dishes. If you find the sundried tomatoes that aren't preserved in olive oil, you can make your own. Soak the sundried tomatoes in hot water for 30 minutes. Remove from water and place in a jar with a lid and cover in olive oil.
What You'll Need - Serves 3-4
- 250g Pasta
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Cup Snap Peas/ Sugar Snaps (You can use spinach as well)
- 1 Cup Sundried Tomatoes (In Olive Oil)
- 100g Brown Mushrooms
- 250g Cream
- 1 Tsp. Flour
- 2 Tsps. Dry Oregano
- 1 Tsp. Paprika
- 2 Tbs Butter
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 5 Minutes
- Slice chicken breast into bite size pieces
- Mince your garlic cloves
- Slice mushrooms
Let's Get Cooking - 15 Minutes
- Cook the pasta as instructed on the packaging
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large sauce pan.
- Add the chicken pieces and brown to add colour.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and fry until the mushrooms are cooked
- Add the sundried tomatoes (without the olive oil) and combine
- Season with paprika, oregano, salt & pepper
- Add the teaspoon of flour and combine
- Add the cream and bring to the boil
- Add the snap peas (or spinach) and allow to simmer on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and combine
- Serve with a sprinkle of feta cheese