Yellowtail is a cheap fish thats easy to find. This recipe works well for most fish if you're looking to pan fry a fillet.
What You'll Need - Serves 1
- 1 Yellowtail Fillet
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1 Tbs of Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 10 Minutes
- Season the fillet with salt and peppe. Squeeze the juice of half the lemon and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes.
Let's Get Cooking - 12 Minutes
- In a pan at a medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of Butter. For the butter not to burn, add the tablespoon of oil.
- Place the fish skin side down in the hot pan and fry for 4 minutes. Place the rest of the butter ontop of the fish while its cooking. ( Take a teaspoon and scoop the butter from the pan and onto the top of the fish as it's cooking - This helps cook the fish aswell)
- Flip the fish carefully and fry for 2 minutes
- Remove the fish from the pan, onto a flat surface. Squeeze the juice of the other half of the lemon onto the fish and and cover with foil and allow to rest for 3 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite side (The yellowtail in the picture is served with pumpkin mash and basil pesto)