Clam meat is so tiny but I love making clams because spending time hunched over a bowl of clams picking the meat brings me so much joy. I also love how delicate the meat is and catches onto flavour really well.
What You'll Need - One large serving for a greedy person :)
- 500g Fresh or frozen clams
- 2 Fresh Red Chilies
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Onion
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Tsp Tomato Paste
- Chives for garnish
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 10 Minutes
- Discard of any broken or cracked clams (if your clams are slightly open, its fine)
- Half the cherry tomatoes
- Peel and mince the garlic cloves and the chili (you can remove the seeds if you don't like it toohot)
- Finely dice the onion
Let's Get Cooking - 20 Minutes
- Heat oil in a large pan and add the onion, chili and half the garlic. stir until the onion is cooked
- Add the cherry tomatoes and a splash of water, cover the pan and allow the tomatoes to cook.
- Add the tomato paste and combine. Season with salt and pepper
- Add the white wine and bring to the boil.
- Turn down your heat to medium
- Add the water, the clams and the remainder of the garlic
- Cover and allow to steam for 10 minutes - until the clams are open.
- In the meantime chop the chives and add them to the clams right before serving
- Serve with bread or garlic bread