I am a lover of lentils but sadly they have such a bad reputation for being tasteless. I am so convinced i can convert anyone into loving lentils with this recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1 Cup Uncooked Brown Lentils
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Spinach/Swiss Chard
- 1 Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Thyme
- 2 Teaspoons Tomato Paste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Water
Prep - 5 Minutes
- Dice Onion
- Half Cherry tomatoes - You can choose to leave them whole
- Roughly chop spinach
Let's Get Cooking - 30 Minutes
- In a pot, Cook the lentils in the vegetable stock with a pinch of salt. They take about 15 - 20 minutes to cook. I like my lentils with al dente. (If you'd like to have your lentils cooked more, add water once the stock runs out)
- Once the lentils are cooked, set aside.
- In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Saute the onions until cooked.
- Add the spinach and cherry tomatoes and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the tomato paste and half a cup of water. Mix until the tomato paste had dissolved.
- Add the lentils and combine. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve and enjoy. I usually have this with grilled chicken or fish.