This potato salad is a little different. Its a warm salad and the potatoes are baked. The potatoes are drowned in the mayonnaise as with a usual potato salad.
What You'll Need - Serves 5-6 People
- 500g Baby Potatoes
- 2 Red Onions
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Sprigs of Fresh Tarragon / (2 Tsp Dry Tarragon)
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp English Mustard
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 100g Feta Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 10 Minutes
- Preheat Oven 200 degrees (Bake)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on the stove and season with salt
- Half the baby Potatoes
- Roughly chop the onions into Eights (Cut the onion in half, then quarters then eights)
- Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves (or use a garlic press)
- Remove the tarragon leaves from the stems and finely chop them. If using dried tarragon no need for this step.
Let's Get Cooking - 30 Minutes
- Place the baby potatoes in the boiling water and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- 2 Minutes before removing potatoes from the boil, add the red onions and allow them boil with the potatoes.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and onions
- Add the butter to the hot potatoes, paprika, half the garlic, salt and pepper
- Combine until the butter is fully melted.
- Place in a roasting tray and bake until potatoes are cooked through and slightly crispy- about 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, milk, tarragon, the juice of the lemon and the remainder of the garlic.
- Remove the cooked potatoes and onions from the baking tray and into a serving dish.
- Drizzle the mayonnaise dressing on top and then crumble feta cheese onto the salad while the potatoes are still warm.