Potato salad doesn't have to be bland and boring. So many flavour combinations could be added to your dressing. Try honey mustard mayonnaise or like this recipe. thyme, rosemary and garlic with sprinkles of bacon.
What You'll Need - Serves 4
- 600g Baby Potatoes (I used pink fir potatoes)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Large Fresh Rosemary Stem
- 2 Fresh Thyme Stems
- 4 Rashers Bacon
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
Let Get Cooking - 40 Minutes
- Place potatoes in a large pot with salted boiling water (You can leave the potatoes whole or cut them up into halves)
- Boil the potatoes until they are cooked (About 20 minutes)
- While the potatoes are cooking, remove the rosemary from the stem and finely chop. Remove he thyme leaves from their stems also and leave them as they are
- Mince your garlic cloves
- Fry the bacon until crispy and chop into small pieces
- Add the juice of the lemon to the mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain the water and leave them in the pot to cool down.
- Add the garlic, rosemary and thyme into the hot potatoes and allow them to sit while the potatoes are cooling
- Once the potatoes are cooled, add the bacon (leave a small amount for garnishing when serving) and the mayonnaise and combine
- Transfer into a serving bowl and sprinkle the remaining bacon on top.