Orzo or Risoni is pasta shaped like rice. It works well in soups but i also love making salads out of it. This is an easy refreshing salad.
What You'll Need - Serves 4-6
- 1 Cup Orzo ( Risoni or Rosmarino pasta)
- 1/2 Red, Yellow and Red Pepper
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- 1 Bunch Coriander
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Tbs Honey
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
Let's Get Cooking - 25 Minutes
- Bring water to the boil and season with salt in a pot. Place the pasta in the pot and cook for about 8-10 minutes - until cooked. Once cooked drain using a large sieve ( colander might not work as the pasta is small)
- While the pasta is dice your peppers and avocados into cubes.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- Cut the cucumber in half and remove the seeds in the center with a spoon. Dice the cucumber into cubes.
- Finely dice the coriander and parsley.
- To make the salad dressing, place the olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, Honey, Mustard, 1/4 of your coriander and parsley, Salt and Pepper and mix well (Making the dressing in a jar is much easier, then you can shake to combine the ingredients)
- To the cooked pasta, add the diced vegetables. Add the remainder of the herbs and combine
- pour the salad dressing onto the pasta and mix well.
- Serve with grilled chicken for a light meal or add tuna chunks.