If you want a break from the usual roast potatoes you must try these buttery fondant potatoes. Flavoured with thyme and garlic, they are definitely worth all the effort.
What You'll Need - Serves 3-4
- 4 Large Potatoes
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- 150g Butter
- 1 Litre Vegetable Stock
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 15 Minutes
- Peel the potatoes. Place your potato vertically and slice the top and bottom part creating a flat surface.
- Cut the potato into half, lengthways
- Carefully cut around the sharp edges of each potato halfcreating a cylinder like shape
- Repeat this with the rest of your potatoes
Let's Get Cooking - 30 Minutes
- Melt the butter in your pan and allow to start heating up at medium heat.
- Place the potatoes in the pan and cook each side for about 5 minutes until golden brown
- Add the vegetable stock 500ml at a time.
- Place the garlic cloves and thyme sprigs into the pan and cover.
- Simmer on medium heat. When the stock is finished, check the potatoes by piercing them. If they aren't cooked, add some more stock.
- Stock already contains salt so taste first before salting the potatoes
- Once cooked, serve as part of your roast or as you would baked potatoes.