This was one of the recipes from our Pastry Master class. You can use any leftover meat for this recipe I just opted for pork.
What You'll Need - Makes 4 Cigars
- 1 Cup Pre Cooked Pulled Pork
- 1 Sheet Phyllo Pastry
- 1 Cup sliced cabbage
- 1/2 Onion sliced
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 20 Minutes
- Heat cooking oil in a pan and add the pulled pork
- Add the vegetables and combine
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika
- Add the tomato paste and combine
- Add the water and allow to simmer until the pork is heated through.
- Take your phyllo sheet and cut into 4
- Take one of the four sheet and place it diagonally with one corner directly facing you.
- Place about a tablespoon of the pulled pork filling close to the corner facing you
- Bring in he corners on your left and right to the center of the sheet
- Roll the pastry upwards until you reach the end ( seal with a bit of water )
Let's Get Cooking - 5 Minutes
- Heat cooking oil in a pan to deep fry.
- Place the cigars in the oil and fry until the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with some sweet chili sauce