I am not too crazy about sauces and condiments but I have such a soft spot for chimichurri. It's packed with flavor, zesty with a little heat. You can simply finely chop the herbs instead of using a pestle and mortar but I prefer a more paste like consistency.
What You'll Need - Makes about a cup
- 30g Fresh Coriander
- 10g Fresh Parsley
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red Chili
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 10 Minutes
- Roughly chop your herbs and chili. You can add more chili if you like more heat.
- Peel garlic cloves.
- Place the herbs, garlic and chili in a pestle and mortar. Pound everything together until the garlic is completely crushed and the herbs start forming into a paste
- Add the juice of the lemon and olive oil and combine
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve with any grilled meat or fish or use as a marinade.