If you're looking to change up the usual plain rice, coconut rice is a great side dish for curries. Its comforting, spicy and the cashews add some extra crunch.
What You'll Need - Serves 3-4
- 2 Cups Basmati Rice
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 1.5 Cups Water
- 1 Red Chili
- 40g Cashews
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp Celery Seeds
- 1 Tbs Coconut Oil
- Fresh Coriander
Prep - 5 Minutes
- Finely dice chili
- Chop fresh parsley
- If the coconut milk is separated, pour into a bowl and combine until the cream is incorporated with the coconut water.
Let's Get Cooking - 20 Minutes
- Bring he water to a boil in a large pot. Add 3/4 of the coconut milk, the water and combine.
- Season with a pinch of salt.
- Add the basmati rice and cook as usual. Once cooked fluff and remove off the stove.
- In a large pan, toast the cashews until golden brown. Put aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a large pan. Add the mustard and celery seeds. Add the chili and toast until fragrant.
- Add the rice into the pan and coat in the seeds and chili.
- Add the remainder of the coconut milk and combine.
- Add the fresh coriander and combine and put aside.
- Chop 3/4 of the cashews and mix with the rice. Sprinkle the rest left whole on top for serving.