As far as soups go, i'm not a big fan but this soup is a winner for me. The sweetness of the vine tomatoes with some garlic and basil; it hits the spot.
What You'll Need - Serves 4
- 600g Vine Tomatoes
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 250ml Cream
- 20g Fresh Basil
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
Prep - 30 Minutes
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees
- Place tomatoes onto a baking sheet (You can leave the vines on for now)
- Season the tomatoes generously with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Peel garlic cloves and place onto the baking sheet with the tomatoes
- Place into the oven and grill until the tomatoes have blistered and softened (about 20 minutes)
- Allow to cool slightly then remove the tomatoes from the vines and place into a blender
- Add the cooked garlic and basil into the blender too
- Blend until smooth.
Let's Get Cooking - 5 Minutes
- Transfer the soup from the blender into a pot and heat over the stove
- Season the soup with salt, pepper and the smoked paprika
- Add the cream and allow to simmer for 5 minutes
- Serve with some more olive oil or some feta cheese