I always keep a roll of puff pastry in my freezer. If i'm not making pies it also works great for tarts like these.
What You'll Need - Makes 4 Tarts
- 1/2 Roll Puff Pastry (200g)
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Dry Oregano
- 1 Egg
Prep - 45 Minutes
- Make sure your puff pastry is thawed and ready to be used.
- Make piercings all over the sweet potato using a fork
- Place in the oven and bake at 300 degrees until cooked and tender - about 30 minutes (leave the oven on)
- Allow the sweet potato to rest before peeling it. Transfer the insides of the sweet potato into a dish.
- Add the butter, paprika and oregano and combine
- Take your puff patry and lay flat on a surface divide into four equal parts
- Measure about 1 centimetre from each side of the puff patry and make shallow knife cuts vertically and horizontally (this helps the sides rise up around the filling)
- Divide the sweet potato mixture into 4 equal parks and place in the center of the puff patry. spread evenly up until the knife cuts you made.
- Take the egg and beat and brush the sides of the puff pastry
Let's Get Cooking - 20 Minutes
- Place the tarts carefully onto a baking tray
- Bake the tarts until the pastry had risen and the pastry is golden brown.
- Sprinkle some feta ontop and serve with sour cream if you like
- Add a side salad and you have a great lunch.