Spinach, mushroom and feta has to be one of my favourite combinations. This pie is light with crispy phyllo pastry and a decadent spinach filling .
What You'll Need - Serves 4-5 People
- 8 Phyllo Pastry Sheets
- 2 Bunches Spinach (About 500g)
- 250g White Button mushrooms
- 100g Feta
- 250g Cream
- 1 Tbs Flour
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Tbs Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- A Tart/Pie Dish
Prep: 5 Minutes
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees
- Remove the spinach leaves from the stalks and roughly chop them.
- Slice the mushrooms including the stalks
- Finely mince the garlic cloves
- Add the flour to the cream and combine
- Butter your tart/pie dish
- Make sure your phyllo patry is completely thawed.
Lets Get Cooking - 25 Minutes
- In a large pan heat 1 tablespoon of butter and add the garlic and mushrooms
- Fry the mushrooms and garlic until cooked. Add the chopped spinach and the remainder of the butter (leaving teaspoon for later )
- Cook the spinach until wilted
- Add the flour and cream mixture and combine until the cream thickens.
- Crumble the feta over the spinach mixture and combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove off the heat.
- Lay 4 of the phyllo sheets with half of the sheets laying outside of one side of your tart pan. Lay the other 4 with the half of the sheets laying outside of the other side of the tart pan.
- Place the spinach mixture in the middle of the tart pan and cover with the hanging sheets of phyllo.
- Brush the top of the pie with the remaining butter
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is crispy and golden.
- Once cooked, place a serving dish over the tart pan and flip the tart onto the dish.
- Serve with a side salad.