Dried mushrooms are such a treat but can be expensive. I started drying my own mushrooms and the results have been amazing. Visit the blog if you'd like to know how i started drying mushrooms.
What You'll Need - Serves 2
- 150g Pasta (Your Choice)
- 50g Dried Mushrooms
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Cups Hot Water
- 150ml Fresh Cream
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 5 Minutes
- Place dried mushrooms in a large bowl and cover with the hot water. Allow to sit until ready for cooking.
- Finely dice the garlic cloves
Let's Get Cooking - 15 Minutes
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions. Cook for 2-3 minutes less (The pasta will be finished in the sauce)
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large saucepan, add the dried mushrooms and the water to the pan.
- Add the garlic and allow to simmer on a medium heat for 5 minutes
- Add the cream and combine and allow to simmer for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Add the almost cooked pasta to the sauce pan and allow to cook in the sauce for 3 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally. The sauce should have thickened when ready.
- Serve with some Parmesan cheese