When plums are in season, i really like to capitalise on them by using them in all kinds of deserts like this one. It's easy and serves many for very little
What You'll Need - Makes 1 Gallette
- I Pack Puff Pastry (Store Bought)
- 4-5 Red Plums
- Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Lemon
Prep - 20 Minutes
- Thaw the puff pastry beforehand overnight in the fridge or in a sunny area for quicker thawing.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees bake
- Unroll the pastry onto a surface that has been dusted with flour
- Lightly dust the top of the pastry and using a rolling pin, roll it out slightly so that its half in its thickness
- Find a large round stencil/bowl/pot - anything you can use to mould out a rough circle from the pastry. Cut out the circle.
- Place baking or parchment paper on a wire rack and sit the wire rack in an oven tray (Putting the pastry on a wire rack allows for even cooking)
- Transfer the dough onto the wire rack.
- Slice each plum into eight slices and arrange them in a single layer leaving about 3-4cm from the edge of the pastry.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of the plums and squeeze the juice of half the lemon on to the plums.
- Fold in the edges of the pastry and brush the exposed pastry with melted butter
- Cover the gallete with foil
Let's Get Cooking - 45 Minutes
- Place the galette into the oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes with the foil on until the plums are cooked.
- Remove the foil and allow the pastry to brown.
- Remove from the oven
- Served with a sprinkle of icing sugar and some fresh cream or ice cream.