I try my best from staying away from shop bought juices and ice teas, we all know the story of how they contain a lot of sugar and preservatives. This is one of my favorite summertime drinks.
What You'll Need - Makes 1.5Littres
- 1/2 Cup Hibiscus Tea Leaves (If using tea bags, use 6)
- Boiled Water
- 5 Tbs Honey (More if desired)
- Thumb Sized Piece Ginger
- 1 Lemon
- Mint Leaves
- 1.5 Littre Jug
Preparation - 20 Minutes
- Grate ginger and place in a bowl with the tea leaves. If you're using a tea bag open up the tea bags and empty the contents into a bowl.
- Pour 1.5 Litters of hot water into the bowl with the ginger and tea leaves.
- Allow to steep for 15 Minutes
- Add the honey and combine. Add more if you want the tea sweeter.
- Strain the tea into the jug
- Allow to cool in the fridge for at least an hour before serving
- Serve with some lemon slices and fresh mint