Green beans are such a lovely vegetable but get ruined due to overcooking by so many people. This is a quick recipe that ensures crispy green beans with flavour.
What You'll Need - Serves 4
- 250g Green Beans
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Sprinkle Dry Chili Flakes
- 1/2 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 5 Minutes
- Remove the tails off the green beans (Preference, i choose not to)
- Finely mince the garlic cloves.
Let's Get Cooking - 10 Minutes
- In a pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil and season with salt.
- Add the green beans into the boiling water and cover. Boil for 2 minutes (Don't boil for longer or you'll overcook them)
- Drain the water from the beans and immerse in cold water until cooled.
- Add the butter and garlic into the same pot and heat. Add the green beans back into the pot and combine with the butter and garlic.
- Squeeze the juice of half the lemon into the green beans
- Season with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of chili flakes.
- Combine and serve.