Steamed vegetables don't have to be bland and boring. They can be dressed in a refreshing vinaigrette that's packed with flavor. You can also use your chosen variation of greens.
What You'll Need - Serves 4
- 300g Green Beans
- 500g Broccoli
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 4 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Mint Leaves
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 10 Minutes
- Snip the ends of the greens beans off.
- Break apart the broccoli into florets
- To make the vinaigrette, combine balsamic vinaigrette, Dijon mustard and olive oil into a small jar.
- Peel the garlic and grate it or put it through a garlic press
- Finely chop the mint leaves.
- Add the garlic and mint to the jar, season with salt and pepper. Close the jar and shake until everything is combined.
- Store in the fridge until ready to use.
Let's Get Cooking - 10 Minutes
- Create a steamer by boiling water in a pot. Place a strainer on top of the pot with the green beans and broccoli inside.
- Seal with a lid and allow to steam for 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and allow to steam for another minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables into a serving bowl. Add the tablespoon of butter and combine until melted.
- Dress the vegetables in the vinaigrette and serve.