Carrot cake is one of those that is a crowd favourite. A moist cake with the addition of a cheat zesty cream cheese icing.
What You'll Need - Makes one loaf
- 1 .5 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Grated Carrots (2-3 Carrots)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Cooking Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1.5 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 120g Cream Cheese (Full Fat)
- 50g Butter
- 60g Icing Sugar
- 1 Lemon
Prep - 20 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees bake
- Peel and grate your carrots
- Place carrots in a large bowl, add cooking oil, vanilla essence and combine
- Break the eggs separately, whisk and add to the carrots
- Add the sugar and ground cinnamon and combine.
- Add in the flour and baking powder and combine gently using a spatula or a flat spoon. Do not over mix.
- Place the mix into a greased bread tin
Let's Get Cooking - 45 Minutes
- Place the bread tin into the oven and cook for 30-45 minutes. To check if the cake is cooked, pierce the center with a knife. The knife should have no dough on it when you pull it out.
- While the Cake is cooking, you can make the cream cheese and lemon icing
- In a bowl place cream cheese and butter and whisk with a mixer or a whisk until creamy and combined.
- Zest the lemon and add to the cream cheese together with the juice of half the lemon.
- Add the icing sugar and whisk until combined and fluffy. Store in the fridge until ready to be used.
- Spread overcooked cake.