I made these for a Greek cooking class and they were such a hit. If you are allergic to nuts, simply substitute them for chocolate and fruit.
What You'll Need - Makes 12
- 3 Sheets Phyllo Pastry
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1/2 Cup Almond Nuts
- 1/2 Cup Pistachio Nuts
- Honey for drizzling
- 2L Tub Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Muffin Tray
Prep - 30 Minutes
- Finely dice the nuts
- Place one sheet of the phyllo pastry and brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts onto the pastry and cover with a second pastry sheet.
- Repeat this for the last puff pastry sheet
- Cut the pastry into half and each half into 3 by 3 making 6 and 12 in total.
- Place each piece of pastry into an oiled muffin tray making a nest
- Bake the phyllo pastry until golden brown (About 10 minutes)
- Once cooked, allow to cool down completely
- Fill the phyllo pastry nests with vanilla ice cream. Drizzle some honey on top and top with additional nuts.