Canned tuna isn't only for soggy tuna and mayo sandwiches. Turn that boring can of tuna into these fragrant and flavorful fish cakes.
What You'll Need - Makes 6-8 Cakes
- 2 Cans Tuna Chunks In water (175g Each)
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Spring Onions
- 2 Red Chillies
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Thumb Sized Piece Ginger
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Pack Fresh Coriander (About 15g)
- Salt & Pepper
- Bread Crumbs
Prep - 15 Minutes
- Open the cans of Tuna and drain the water. Make sure to squeeze all the water out.
- Place the tuna in a bowl
- Finely chop spring onions and chili and add them to the tuna
- Grate the garlic and ginger or pound them in a pestle and mortar and add them to the tuna
- Add the juice of 1 lemon into the tuna
- Season with salt and pepper
- Break 1 egg into the tuna and add 1 Tablespoon of flour and combine.
- Separate the tuna mixture into 6-8 equal portions
- Break the other 2 eggs in a bowl and whisk
- Set up the flour and bread crumbs on plates
- Lightly flour your hands and take each tuna portion and mould into a round disk (as pictured)
- Carefully place it and cover with flour, then the egg and lastly the bread crumbs. Do this for the remaining tuna portions
Let's Get Cooking - 5 minutes
- Place cooking oil (about 2 cups) in a large pan and allow it to heat up.
- Once the oil is hot reduce your stove to medium heat
- Place the fish cakes in the pan and cook each side until golden brown (about 2 minutes)
- Serve with a side salad for a light lunch