Line fish is basically a smaller species of fish caught by lines rather than nets. Line fish could be several types of fish, it is usually described as the "catch of the day" in restuarants or fisheries. It also tends to be less expensive than most fish. The fish i used for this recipe is called silvers or red linefish. This recipe works well for most fish so feel free to substitute the line fish for something else.
What You'll Need
- 2 Whole Fish
- 1 Large Thumb Size Piece Fresh Ginger
- 2 Fresh Lemons
- 4 Spring Onions
- 1 Pack Fresg Coriander (20g)
- 2 Tbs Butter
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 20 Mins
- If you're getting your fish from a fishery, ask them to scale, gut and clean it for you.
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees grill
- Peel Slice your ginger into thin slices
- Slice your lemons into circles
- Roughly chop spring onions
- Make 3 cuts/slits on each side of the fish
- Season the outside and the inside of the fish with salt and pepper
- Rub Olive Oil onto the fish
- Place the pieces of ginger inside the fish and the lemon slices (You should probably only fit 3-4 lemon slices)
- Place half the coriander inside one fish and the other half into the 2nd fish.
- Take 2 large pieces of foil. Place half the remainder of the lemon slices at the bottom of the foil, Place one fish ontop of the lemon slices
- Scatter half the spring onions around the fish.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter ontop of the fish and close the foil tightly.
- Do this for the second fish as well.
Let's Get Cooking - 25 Minutes
- Place the fish in the foil into the oven and bake for 25 Minutes
- Serve and enjoy