You will need: Serves 2
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ Cup White Wine
- 10 scrubbed clams
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 50 g cured Spanish chorizo
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 Tsp Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 Tsp Paprika (Normal)
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ Red Pepper
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Parsley for garnish
Prep - 5 Mins
- Finely dice onion and garlic
- Slice chorizo into bite size slices
Let's Get Cooking - 30 Mins
- In a skillet, heat up oil over medium heat; add chorizo and cook until it starts to render (releasing fat)
- Place onion in skillet and stir often until soft.
- Add garlic and paprika and stir until paprika caramelises.
- Stir in rice, season lightly with pepper and salt.
- Cook and stir constantly until rice is toasted.
- Add wine and stir in until absorbed.
- Stir in broth and red pepper.
- Simmer for 20-23 minutes, rotating skillet for even cooking.
- When the liquid is almost done, add the clams and turn the heat to medium high to steam the clams.
- When the clams are open, add peas and chorizo and combine
- Add the parsley and serve.