Rainbow trout is such a flavourful fish that it needs very little help when being cooked.
What You'll Need - Serves 2
- 2 Whole Trout
- 1 Box Vine Tomatoes
- 100g Black Olives
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Large Rosemary Sprigs
- 4 Thyme Stems
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
Prep - 15 Minutes
- Preheat oven at 300 degrees (grill)
- Pat down the trout with a paper towel to remove any excess water
- Place the trout on a large piece of foil
- Season the skin and inside the fish with salt and pepper
- Slice the 1/2 lemon and layer 2 slices inside each trout.
- Crush the garlic cloves and place 1 in each trout
- Place a thyme stem and half a rosemary stem in each trout
- Place the tomatoes and olives around the trout
- Place the remaining garlic, thyme and rosemary around the tomatoes and trout.
- Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper
- Splash some olive oil onto the fish and tomatoes
- Cover the fish completely with foil
Let's Get Cooking - 20 Minutes
- Place the foil into a oven tray and place into the oven
- Bake the fish for 15 minutes with the foil on
- Remove the foil covering the fish and grill for another 5 minutes without the foil (to crisp up the skin)
- Once cooked, squeeze the juice of the other half of the lemon onto the cooked fish
- Serve and enjoy.