Smoked salmon doesn't just go great on croissants and bagels, it also works well with pasta too. Try out this quick pasta recipe
What You'll Need - Serves 3-4
- 150g Smoked Salmon
- 150g Pasta (Any pasta of your choice)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 150g Baby Spinach
- 100ml Milk
- 100 Fresh Cream
- 1 Tsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- Salt & Pepper
Prep - 5 Minutes
- Finely dice your onion
- Finely dice your garlic (Using a garlic press, pestle and mortar or a grater would give the best results)
Let's Get Cooking - 20 Minutes
- In a pot, bring water to the boil and cook your pasta
- While the pasta is cooking - in a large pan, melt the tablespoon of butter, add the diced onions and garlic
- Cook the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the teaspoon of flour (I would change into using a whisk at this point) and combine with the onions.
- Add the milk and cream and stir until it comes to a boil (It should be a runny sauce) - Turn down the stove to medium heat.
- Add the Spinach and allow to wilt.
- Add the salmon into the sauce
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat. Drain your pasta once cooked.
- Combine the salmon and spinach sauce with the pasta.
- Serve and Enjoy (I like a sprinkle of smoked paprika on top of my pasta)