This mussels recipe is a great starter if you're trying to impress your guests. I use half open mussels cause they are cheaper but if you can get your hands on full mussels, that works eveb better.
What You'll Need - Serves 4
- 1 Kg of Mussels
- 1 Onion
- 8 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Cups White Wine
- 200ml Cream
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1/2 Lemon
- Bunch Fresh Parsley
Prep - 5 Minutes
- Finely dice the onions and garlic cloves
- Remove the parsley leaves from the stalks and finely chop your parsley leaves.
Let's Get Cooking - 10 Minutes
- In a large pan/pot with a lid melt 2 tablespoons of butter
- Add the onions and 2/3 of the chopped garlic and fry until the onions are cooked
- Add the white wine and allow rapidly boil for 2 minutes
- Add the mussels to the pan,the remainder of the garlic and cover with the lid and allow to steam for 2 minutes (If you are using the full mussels steam until they are open)
- Add the cream and combine. Season with salt and pepper and allow to simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice of half the lemon into the mussels. Add the chopped parsley and combine before serving.
- Serve with toasted baguette.